Planning for 2014 has now moved into the final stages. While we will have draft lists of classes for 2014, please be aware that depending on changes over the holidays these may vary slightly. We do anticipate however, that we will be able to move into the new school year ready to start work on day one.
We will have a few changes in staffing with both Christine Ritchie and Bev Dent retiring. Both Chris and Bev will be greatly missed as they are both extremely dedicated and professional. We wish them every success and happiness in their retirement, but we will miss them greatly. While we will be farewelling some staff members, we will be welcoming back Mrs Lynne Takacs who will be returning to our school following a successful secondment in Regional Office in the Quality Teaching Curriculum Unit.
The remaining time this term is going to be extremely busy so please take a few minutes to take note of the dates and activities below. It's so easy at this busy time to forget some activities. Of special note is the MAD (Music, Art and Drama) performance that will be held tonight at Moruya High School. Some of our students will be performing along with students from Moruya High.
During the last week of school (16-18 December) we will be singing Christmas Carols in the hall each morning for the first 20 minutes of the day. Please join us, especially if you drop your children off and will be around the school grounds. Its a lovely way to start the day.
Busy Times Ahead
We are now into our last few weeks of term and there are a number of activities planned. To help keep you up to date I have listed the major events:
25 Nov - 6 December Intensive Swim School
- Tuesday 3 December - MAD Performance, Moruya High School, 6.30 pm
- Wednesday 4 December - P&C Disco - “When I Grow Up”
- Thursday 5 December - Orangutan Day (Mufti Day) / Assembly led by 3C - 1.45 pm
- Monday 9 December - Morning Tea for Volunteers, 11.15 am Staffroom
- Tuesday 10 December - Presentation Day, School Hall, 9.45 am to 11.00 am
- Wednesday - 11 December Banksia Village & Village Centre performances, Kindergarten, Year 1, Year 2 & Choir / Year 6 Farewell Disco 5.50 pm
- Thursday 12 December - Broulee’s Got Talent Final - 11.40 am / Assembly led by 2/3F - 1.45 pm
- Monday 16 December Swimming Carnival Batemans Bay Pool . Student reports go home
- Wednesday 18 December Last day of school for students - Mufti Day
- Wed 29 January 2014 Kindergarten & Year 6 Buddies return
- Thur 30 January 2014 Year 1 to 6 return (All students to meet under the COLA for placement in new class groups.