This Thursday we will celebrate Harmony Day – a day of cultural respect for everyone who calls Australia home. Harmony Day highlights inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging for everyone.
The message of Harmony Day is ‘everyone belongs’, aiming to engage people to participate in their community, respect cultural and religious diversity and foster sense of belonging for everyone.
Our school will celebrate Harmony Day on Thursday, the 23rd of March during our whole school assembly. Students will all wear/bring something orange to the assembly which they have made in class, and will join together to sing "We Are Home Here" as an inclusive school event. Year 2 will share a Hello song and 3/4E will talk about Harmony Day.
Last Friday we had a large branch come down near the senior playground equipment. Fortunately it was after the school bell had gone and no students were in the playground. Although the tree and branch are healthy and the trees are checked on a regular basis, it has made us rethink our stand on having the gum trees in the playground. The senior playground is "out of bounds" until the area has been cleared. It would be appreciated if parents/care givers could also reinforce this message to their children.
Our Community Tutors
Many thanks to our community tutors who attended our information session yesterday afternoon. Although small in numbers it was informative and interesting. Thanks also to Ms Dorney for bringing us up to speed on the Synthetic Phonics Program.
Our first disco is coming up. Could you please read the following rules carefully as we would like everyone to have a happy and enjoyable time.
Discos are wonderful, well attended school events enjoyed by all. The canteen provides some lovely dinner options aimed at parents staying for the evening, and dinner and snacks for the children. In order to ensure the safety of your children, please take careful note of the following School Disco Rules:
- Children are to go to their own disco, i.e, K-2 or 3-6only. We especially don't war the senior students at the junior disco.
- Preschoolers are welcome at the K-2 disco but please don’t allow them to go to the 3-6 disco as they may get knocked over by enthusiastic dancers!
- Children are to be escorted to the payment table and picked up from the gate or the COLA (covered area outside canteen) as children walking to cars in the dark is unsafe.
- Food and drinks are to be consumed in the COLA and are not to be taken into the hall.
- Please help keep the COLA tidy by encouraging children to put their rubbish in the bins provided.
- Please help pack up chairs at the end of the disco.
- Children should not be dropped off before their disco starts or stay after their disco finishes.
- Children are to stay within the designated disco area.
- The P & C would like to thank the teachers who volunteer their time, energy and enthusiasm at this event.